Saturday 4 July 2015

And then there was one...

One kilo left until I hit 120kg.
That's right, I weighed in this morning and am at 121kg.

I was worried earlier this week, as I weighed in on Tuesday at 128kg, so somehow I fluctuated 6 kilo and then lost one.
Sometimes I hate the human body, how is that possible.  I'm fairly sure I didn't eat three family pizzas.

Anyway, that's the number that I'm at now.  If I get under 120kg, even if I get to 119.9kg at my last official weigh in, which is now less than a week away on next Thursday morning, then Mum looses the Weight Loss Sweeps, and the winner will be Karyn who I think had 111kg.

My target when I started was 99.99999kg, and I think that's still possible, as long as I keep up the exercise.  Expend more calories than you take in.  It's simple math.

Enough about that, since my most popular blog post by the numbers is the one where I passed out, I figure people only like it when bad things happen.
Schadenfreude is alive and well.

So, the last two afternoon sessions I have almost blacked out again!
Now that people are reading I will qualify it.

For the last two days, I haven't been feeling great.  The bowel movements have been too plenty, but I've kept up the water intake.
And yet, the two times I've been in the ring for the pad sessions I've started to feel dizzy and my vision gets blurry.
And even before then just doing bag work, I struggle to get through it.

Today, during the middle of the second pad sessions (with the crazy insane trainer who I haven't mentioned before) pretty much any height change in where my head was, would cause me to become dizzy.

Stupidly I finished that round and had to rest, one session short of the minimum 3 that I try to do.

Climbing out of the ring, sitting on the exercise bike, any time my head moved up or down, dizzy.
Even when I managed to get back to the room and have a shower, when I picked up the soap, bam.
Not a good feeling, so I skipped Krav Maga and rested.
I'm going to do Krav Saturday morning, but if it happens again during that, I'm calling the whole day off.

Tonight was a fun adventure though as Bonnie (A new starter this week from Canada) and oh god... I've forgotten his name... He's English via Kazikstan, but the name was very American.  Tanner... Tanner as well was there, he started today.

So the three of us (And Pierre) decided to head into the night market and check things out.  And this one was much better than the one I went to before that had the same four shops over and over.  This one had the same seven shops over and over, with the occasional weird one.

Weird in this instance would be the fish tank you put your feet into and they eat all the dead skin.  I'm going back there Saturday night, do some shopping and get my feet cleaned.
I did buy one shirt (XXL now, not 4XL) but most of them were closing up for the night as we didn't get in until about 10pm.

We stopped at an outdoor restaurant and had some drinks.  Bonny ordered what turned out to be an entire Coconut, and Tanner and I got Lemon shakes (Lemon and ice, it was amazeballs).  There was also a fruit platter and some spring rolls involved.  I regret nothing.

Catching the Taxi back was a bit interesting as naturally the driver didn't know where the camp was, it's very out of the way.
So I used my experiences so far to cobble together enough words, then tried to barter him down, but ended up at 600, which was what we paid to get in so that was fine.

Since he didn't know where we were staying (thinking it was a hotel until I mimed some Muay Thai) I had to remember back to training where we had to change from left foot to right foot stance in Muay Thai.  Muay Sai was left, and Muay Qua was right.  So I figured Sai was left and Qua was right.  And it seemed to work fine.

Although when we finally pulled up out the front of the camp, the taxi driver started laughing as if to say "Why they hell are some crazy white people staying out here in what looks like a prison!".
And too be fair, it does.

Big walls, solid metal gate, guard towers with snipers.  I understood his point.

Anyway, it's now almost one oclock in the morning, and I still want to get some reading done.

If I ever find Neil Stephenson, I'm going to slap him for taking so much of my time via a book that I keep reading even when I should be sleeping.

Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment