Tuesday 16 June 2015

I was only nineteen......

Kilo's down that is... 126kg today, and as my pre-departure weight clocked in at 145kg, that makes me minus 19 kilograms.
I might hit 125kg yet....
I wonder who had that in the betting pool.

A mid-week update this time, just had lunch (chicken, surprise surprise) and waiting for the afternoon session which I will kick off with an interval jog.

I remembered something that happened last week that I should probably mention for all those prospective people coming over, Visa.

I had managed to get a 60 day tourist Visa before I came over, a very nice company VisaLink did all the hard work, I just gave them money and documents.  However, with my final date here being 85 days, I needed a short extension once I got here.

So, last Friday, with less than thirty days to go, I got on my bike and rode down to the Immigration Office at Jomthien. Arriving at 11:55am... forgetting that they close for lunch (and to clear their backlog of people waiting) from 12 to 1.

I got the one page form I had to fill in and went for a walk back up the alley to a place that does photos and photocopies and got the passport copied and my photo taken, and filled in the form.  Luckily remembering to grab the business card for Komat Group as I had to write out the address for where I was staying.

Still had some time to kill after that so I went and got a very good Thai massage which hurt like hell at the time, but felt good afterwards, and conveniently it takes an hour, which meant no wasted time sitting around.

Headed back to the office, was the second person called, gave them the paperwork, sat back down, waited maybe five minutes, got my passport back and bam, all done.
It was crazy easy, and only cost 1900 Baht (as printed on the form, so no "random fees" were required).

Other than that, I finally managed to record some Krav Maga gun disarms last night, which will be available just below.
So that's it really.

According to my new favorite website days.to/9-july/2015 I have 22 days left... three weeks and one day.
Really is getting to the pointy end.

1 comment: