Sunday 7 June 2015

The Twilight Zone

Picture if you will, a man standing at the corner of Pain Street and Thailand Boulevard.  He has spent his time in a six by nine cell tormented by his captors day after day, until one day the sky opens up and the fifth dimension leaks into every pore of his body.  He floats down the street in the way a brick would not, until he reaches the Resort Alley.  He has just entered - The Twilight Zone.

Normally when I wake up, I'm treated to an hour and a bit of training, and then an egg white omelet, however, in this weird Thailand I find myself in today, I wake to be treated to a buffet breakfast containing actual factual toast, and then a leisurely swim in a pool.  How crazy is that.

In the words of 4chan... "pic related".

Well it's been over a week since I posted and everything has been trucking along nicely.

Mum and Dad are in Thailand (hence being able to hang out at a resort on a Sunday) and they came by the Gym on Friday to see how everything is going, and I wasn't really able to put on a good show as I was feeling a bit unwell in the gut, so I only managed a meager two rounds of Muay Thai on the pads.

Did however have Krav Maga afterwards which made up for it a bit.

I went shooting again, this time at a different place, and I'm now confident that the first place wasn't using full loads in their bullets, as the .45 really had a kick in it this time.  Still managed to destroy a target or two, which is the fun part.

On the drive to the new place I saw a sign for yet a third shooting club, so I decided to check it out, compare and contrast and all that.  So I followed the roads, sometimes at an intersection with no sign I always managed to pick the right way, except for once, but I realised pretty quickly.  And after going for what felt like half an hour, the place was shut.

So I doubled back and went to the original choice.  They also had Archery, Rock Climbing, Fishing, Horse Riding, Water Zorbing... but I just wanted a gun.
They had some Smith and Wessons, and some Glocks.  Might try a 9mm before I come home.

Had a weigh in on Friday afternoon (as Barbara wasn't there Friday morning) and I was 500g up on my weight from the week before, however that was after breakfast and lunch, so I didn't pay much attention.
Instead I re-weighed in on Saturday morning before Krav and I was infact down from last week, but not by much.  And considering I had a few cheat meals (A day with Mum and Dad) I consider it a pretty good week.

Tonight we are heading to Max Muay Thai for a championship fight, which will be pretty awesome.  Mum and Dad haven't seen a proper fight before, so it will be something new for them.

I've started making a few lists of things I'm going to do when I get back.  Mainly things I'm going to buy, because what says "HORRAY I MADE IT!!!!" quite like spending a few thousand dollars on life's little extras.  I see a trip to IKEA in my future.

Have fun everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment