Saturday 30 May 2015

The six day work week

Today is Saturday (And Sunday comes afterwards, la la la la - Rebecca Black), and for most of the world that is the first day of the weekend.

Not at Weight Loss at Kombat Group, Saturday is still hard work.

Woke up at the ungodly Saturday hour of 9:15 am this morning, and quickly hit Snooze.  And again the ten minutes after that.  Finally dragging my sorry ass out of bed at 9:35, which made me 5 minutes late for the morning Krav Maga.

Luckily Mitko was there, so he and Gerry were warming up.  I grabbed some water and joined in.
I had skipped the Friday night session with a sore right wrist (after some bad punches during training) which was pad based, and from what I saw, it looked like it would have hurt.

But today, Knifes and Guns.  Aka, the good stuff :)
Going back and forth we held each other up with the knife and gun, and thoroughly disarmed our opposing force.
Except for the one time I grabbed the wrong hand and would have had my throat slit... aside from that, it all went really well and the time flew by.

Previous to that was Fridays session.
After sleeping through the morning session (sometimes the body just says 'Toby, your staying the fuck in bed', and I listen.) I jumped on the scales and found myself to be 127.5.  That's well below 130 (so it's finally crossed off the Goals page) and totals me at 17.5 kilos lost since arriving.

While I'm super happy with my progress (and more importantly my fitness level) I don't think I will be hitting the Uber Goal of 99.99kg, as that would require about 5kg a week to hit that target, which is borderline unhealthy.

So, whoever had that in the sweeps, sorry, not looking good.
However I still might be able to hit 109kg, which is Go-Kart racing territory.

Fridays afternoon session I made sure made up for missing the morning.
Barbara's circuit session made me collapse at the end, and a few times during as well, which is a good sign I think.

And then during the pad sessions I had three Muay Thai rounds and three Boxing.
I've added boxing as I want to try to get my Boxing certificate as well, so I'm going to split my time between the two.
And for those wondering, the pad sessions are three minutes long, with a one minute break.
And your punching or moving for most of that time, just like in the ring.
That was a hell of a day.

I also jumped on the scales again to check my body composition, and while my water level was I think 49 (Needs to be 50+) it showed that once again my body was using both fat and muscle as fuel, as both ratios had declined since last measurement.

So I jumped on my bike and rode off to the Bear Gym down the road a bit to pick up some Amino Acid supplements.  And boy... they are huge things.
I'm used to taking pills, I take one every day and I can swallow painkillers without water.
But these ones are the size of a babys fist.  And I need to take TWO after every session.
Going to need to buy some soda water.  Fizzy water makes them go down easier.

Mum and Dad arrived in a few days which is exciting, as I will be able to use the pool at their hotel!  Also, egg station and buffet breakfast.  But don't tell Barbara.

Well, got a few hours until the afternoon kicks off and a new book on the Kindle, so peace out.

1 comment:

  1. Christ I can't lift my arms after whippersnippering for a few hours, you're doing well on the pads man.

    ReplyDelete