Sunday 3 May 2015

Best laid plans...

Well, I wanted to post every two days, but I guess the last four days have been a bit samey, didn't want to bore everyone with useless details.

Training is going well still, and there's been a few new people join, three Italians I think.  Two of them seem to know each other already, might be brothers.  Here's hoping for a Mario and Luigi.

There has been a bit of a weird vibe around the camp recently.
Training sessions have been half empty, trainers sitting around with no one to train.  Just a general feeling of flatness hangs over the place.
I'm hoping it will clear up this week.

I'm half guilty myself, with my still sore wrist and ankles I skipped the Muay Thai and did just weights and cardio instead.
The Saturday afternoon session I was the only weight loss guy in the gym.
One of the trainers decided to do a boxing session with the boxing trainer.
I kept plugging away with my various ups, downs and round abouts.

Sunday however (Today as I'm writing this) was a bit more interesting.

Rather than my usual of sleeping until midday, I got up at 8:45 to convoy with a group from the camp down to a pub called Frasers somewhere closer in towards Pattaya.
I thought we were taking the big minivan that had appeared that morning, but nope, scooter time.
So I strapped on a "helmet" and after a bit of uncertainty on how to start the damn thing, I was off and going, following the group.
It's been a while since I've ridden, and even longer since I've ridden a scooter, but it all comes back to you.
The poor handling, the dangerously low center of gravity, the wooden brakes.  Ah yes.  Scooters.

We seemed to travel all types of roads, from the two land back roads with pot holes, crossing a six lane highway, riding down a sidewalk to skip an entire block of jammed up traffic.

So we all reached Frasers and got setup to watch "The Fight of the Century".
Floyd "Money" Mayweather vs Manny PacMan Pacquio (Or something).

But who cares about the fight of the century when there is a breakfast buffet!!!!!
Toast... oh my god.. I had toast. And an egg that still had the yoke!!!  Can you imagine such a thing.
A few little hashbrowns and a very very very delayed glass of Soda Water.  Breakfast for a king.

After the disappointing end to the fight, we all got up pretty much as soon as they said his name.
Back on the terror bikes, heading back home.
And, just like the morning trip TO the location, I had no idea how to get home.
So I had to follow, which got hard when I got stuck behind this slow moving grandpa scooter who just wouldn't get out of the way.

Once I knew where I was, I split off in search for a Seven Eleven.
At this point I had about 14 Baht in my wallet, not enough to buy a bottle of water for the next days training.
Finally found one with it's ATM, and just like ours, a very handy language selector made it nice and easy.
I felt quite pimp taking out 10,000 in cash.  Until it turned out to be just 10 notes.

Venturing into the store I bought some water, deodorant, sunscreen, some gum, and a little USB speaker set for music.
Mainly I needed to split some of the bills.
Can't really by a 10b bottle of water with a 1000b note.

On the way back, stopped in at the same massage place I went last time, and had a very relaxing two hour massage.  And like last time, it helped spread the pain all over my body.  Not bad for $23 AUD.

Swung back to the camp and paid my rental for the bike for a month, and had a rest, catching up on Facebook and the like.

Last fun part of the weekend, a short bike ride back down to the shop three down from the massage, Mama Lak's, for dinner.
A can of Lemon Soda water, Chicken Fried Rice and four Spring Rolls.  Another good feed from Mama Lak.

And now I'm writing this sentence, which is a bit of a paradox, because once I finish this sentence it will no longer be true.  See?

Might watch a movie tonight, or read... probably a movie.
After all, it's only 8:30, and I've got some time to kill.

Night.

No comments:

Post a Comment