Friday 22 May 2015

The dark days

This week hasn't been great.
Which culminated in yesterday which was probably my worst day here so far.

I was feeling exhausted (Par for the course), which meant I was quite irritable, and there was a negative vibe coming from a few of the people which rubbed off on me a bit and I became very angry and just "over it".

The main thing that annoyed me was Gategate.  There's a big sliding steel door that cuts off the scooter parking area with the road, and also waist high gates after the "carpark" to get into the accommodation area, where in this story, the dogs live.

Now, I like dogs, and they have two very friendly pitbulls.  Simba and Nala.  Great dogs, they always come up and sit next to your when your eating, hoping for a little snack thrown off the plate.

Anyway, Gategate came about because one of the residents is terrible at closing gates, because he's nuts.  And so it was deemed that we would keep the big gate shut so that if someone leaves the small gate open, the dogs wont get out and kill something, be it human or canine.  (Apparently they have attacked other dogs before).

This meant we got no breeze while training.  There are no fans, but this took away a much loved breeze, because some numptie wouldn't close the god damn gate.
Anyway, it seems like a small complaint, and really, it was.  But it grated on me, and some negative vibes were added from external parties.

In the end it was sorted and the gate remained open during training, and today appears a spring load on the small gate making sure they are slammed shut.

But honestly, if a gate is open, leave it open, if it's shut, shut it.... if it has a sign on it in three languages that says "SHUT THE GATE", you shut the god damn gate.

And around five o'clock when we started Muay Thai training there came a booming sound from next door... Karaoke.... turned up to the proverbial eleven.
We are in the sticks a bit, and there is only us, and our one next door neighbor, and they decided that right against the wall shared with the gym, to sing, poorly... for around eight hours.
And this was stadium level loud.

I couldn't even try to sing along or pop along to the bass beat that invaded my room, because it was Thai music, which seems to have a very wonky beat.  It was infuriating.
Around midnight I put in headphones and turned my music up to drown them out.
Christian went next door at 12:15 and they turned it down a bit, but they didn't finish until 2am.
Close on NINE FREAKING HOURS OF KARAOKE!!!!
Who does that.

On top of that I had a blister on my right heel from my shoes rubbing on bad socks, so that was annoying me, and I've got a split on the bottom of my left big toe which is also painful depending on how I step.
And my lower back is still hurting.

So all that combined into a pretty terrible week.

But today was better.
I slept in past morning training (as did most people it turns out) skipping breakfast and didn't get out of bed until lunch time.

The afternoon session was good, as I skipped Muay Thai in total and just did gym and cardio stuff.
Muay Thai gets a bit repetitive, so it's good to break it up a bit.

Tomorrow being Friday is the new weigh in day.  After a short campaign from a few of us, we were able to move the day from Monday to Friday.
As Sunday is our one day off, it's nice to have a proper meal, I am very much looking forward to a Burger and Chips and Kellys.
However, this was sort of discouraged by knowing the next day we had to weigh in.
Pretty much negating the stress relief of eating quality food.
So we moved it to Friday, and if today's test weigh in is to be trusted, I should finally be at 130kg.

Other than that, I'm looking forward to Mum and Dad coming over for a visit.  11 days and counting.

And speaking of counting, I'm now down to 47 days before returning.
Which for those playing along at home, gives me four days until the mid-point of my adventure.

Time for some YouTube and sleep.
Night.

1 comment:

  1. Everyone has off days man, keep your eyes on the prize and everything else won't matter. :)

    ReplyDelete