Thursday 30 April 2015

Inspiration, Perspiration and all the other important "ations".

Before reading this entry, you are required to watch this video by ZeFrank.  You don't really need context to it, but if you want, it's the first episode of a new series of YouTube videos he made after a very successful first series years ago.


I watch that video all the time.  I'm fairly sure by the time I'm done here at Kombat Group I will have single handedly ticked that one video over to a million views.

The section I like the most is about how when your loved ones fail or disappoint you, you forgive them and give them infinite chances, and yet people often forget to extend that same generosity to themselves.

Yesterday and Today were pretty much standard days.  I was feeling better about the weight loss, and I had a bit of Mojo back.
And then I threw a kick and didn't straighten my left foot all the way and bam, tweaked it.
Then a few sessions later, bam, the right foot.  That was yesterday, and I'm keeping them moving, but I dropped kicking from my pad session, much to the sigh of my trainer, but he understood and compensated with a tonne more knee attacks.

And then, just to finish everything off, this morning I threw a punch with my right, and rolled it a little.  I blame it on fatigue and general looseness of my skill.  Stupidly though I just strapped the hand a bit tighter, put the glove on tighter and soldiered on.

However, when I took my wrap off after the afternoon session, I could see a bit of discoloration around the knuckles.
Off to the kitchen to get some more bags of ice, and laid myself up in bed watching YouTube for the rest of the afternoon.  And at this point, it's actually not to bad.  Will still take it a bit easy on it for tomorrow sessions.

The highlight was however, Krav Maga.
Even with the dicky joints I was still able to take part.
Chris and I did some more choke escapes which are fun because you actually get to man handle someone, and make light contact.
Not doing a proper hammer strike to his skull, but slapping hands and swiping arms is there.

Today we learnt some knife disarms, for when someone tries to mug you and holds a knife against you.  The key is pretty much slap the knife away from you and cheese it.
But we got into it, demanding wallets and phones and such, bit of role play.
But as Gerry (Correct spelling finally) said, if your in a situation where you have a knife to your neck, you already fucked up.

Well, that's the mid-week review, time for a bit of reading and some sleep.

2 comments:

  1. Any low impact cardio machines there? So you can keep going even if you injure something again? Keep up the fight (literally) dude!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete