Tuesday 28 April 2015

It's just another day, in paradise...

Apologies for those expecting an update this morning, I intend to update the blog every two days, but yesterday I just ran out of motivation.

I had some emails to respond to, an afternoon session of Muay Thai and Krav Maga, and I just couldn't bring myself to do them.

All my muscles hurt from day one, and the rest on Sunday wasn't enough, I just couldn't find the drive.

But I'm here now.

Sunday was nice, slept in until midday and went for a walk into the shops close by, about one and a half kilometers away.
Had a massage which was quite nice and it worked to relax my left calf muscle that I had a cramp in on the plane over.  So one less pain, which is good.

After the massage I went next door to Mama Lak's restaurant for lunch, but at this time it was about 3pm.
I had Pad Thai with Chicken, and some Veggie Spring Rolls.
Was delicious.
I tried to order a drink I used to get in Thailand called Na Manaw, which translates to Lemon Water, but they didn't make it.
It's basically very very lemony water with ice.
Instead I got a Lemon Soda Water drink that wasn't too bad.

Deciding I didn't want to walk back down for dinner in three hours time, I strolled down to "Big C" (Which means something different in English) which is a close convenience store and picked up some food for dinner.
Small pack of salted Cashews, another of Salted Macadamias and a bread roll they claimed was "Hawaiian Pizza" flavored because it had two pieces each of ham and pineapple on the top.  And as always, a bottle of water to drink on the walk back.

Consumed the food for dinner while watching some random Top 10 videos on YouTube and went to sleep.

Monday started as always with the hour of Muay Thai, and then the weigh in.
138kg.  A total loss of about 3kg this week.
That was a loss of fat and muscle, my water level was low, and I dropped one point of some measurement from 20 to 19, and it should be 12.

This was the point that I lost my motivation.
I was really hoping for a decently big number in the first week.  Everyone around the breakfast table talks about their 5 or 6 kilo loss in the first week.

But really, I just need to change my thinking.
Everyone looses weight differently.
I can't judge my success against someone elses, in any part of my life, let alone weight loss.

This morning though, I got up, did the Muay Thai, did the Ab work out, did the stretches.

I'm taking the view that this is my job now.  For the next 75ish days.
I may not always like my job, and I get up and I do it, for the outcome.

Work to live, which in this case means a better quality of life.

1 comment:

  1. Fuck yeah man that attitude to just KEEP GOING is awesome, that's exactly what you need at those times, fuckin awesome work on getting that going. Keep keep moving in that heat and it will come. Ignore all the other numbers people keep saying, everyone's different! Just keep swimming! :P

    ReplyDelete