Saturday 20 June 2015

Miscalculation win

So as my Facebook friends would know, I weighed in on Thursday (or Wednesday, I don't know anymore... time has no dominion over me here) and I was an awesome 124.6kg.

And I was super happy with that, because I was under 125kg, which is a nice round number when counting down from 145.

But then, on the actual weigh in day (Changed to Friday after the revolution) I clocked in at 123kg.

How awesome is that?  Very lots indeed yes.

There was a time last week and the week before when I thought I wouldn't pass 125kg at all, which wasn't a very good feeling.
But somehow I managed to loose 5.2kg in a week, and here we are.

It's Mitko's last week, so I promised I would make it to all the Krav Maga sessions so that he wasn't stuck with any bag sessions, which can be hell on the hands and arms.  And promise kept.
Although now my right forearm hurts and has a few bruises, which matches well with my right shoulder, right Extensor carpi radialis longus muscle (boom, anatomy), and my right pinkie when punching... so pretty much my right arm hurts.

There is a fight in the same bar as last time tonight at 9pm, and I've told some people I'm going, but I really don't feel like it.
I don't like the hussle and bussle of Asia, it's all too impersonal and commercial and fake.
I was going to hit up the night market afterwards (which is an even more concentrated example of fake commercialness) to see if I could find some gifts, or maybe another Vincent van Gogh forgery for my art collection.

Another thing that's been on my mind for a while has been the smell.  The unique smell of south east Asia.  Thailand, Vietnam and Malaysia all have the same few smells.

The smell of roadside food being cooked, be it roast chicken or duck, maybe a soup or a squid.  It almost always smells fantastic, so you take a deep breath in.

And then the wind changes and you get 'that' Asia smell.  The stale water and sewerage smell.  If you have been here, you know the smell.  Like salty poop that's been sitting in stagnant stale urine for days until the wind changed, picked it up from the entirely too well ventilated sewer system and threw it right down your nose.

The Ying and Yang of smell.  Food and Poop, the Ying and Yang of the digestive system.

That's my thought of the day.

Two final notes.  First up, I did a possibly stupid thing today.  I traded a weekend at a beach side resort (with buffet breakfast) for a three day training course in addition to my current training.
Mum was going to spot me a weekend at the same resort they stayed at so I could at least have some relaxation on my "holiday", however I traded that money in for a weapons training course.
Run by an ex-army police officer here, it's a one on one course that Christian organised for me on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday next week from 1 to 4 each day.

Not entirely sure what it will entail, but I know the first day is safety lessons, which I agree is very important when using guns.
So yeah, traded luxury for training, but hell, I can go to a resort in Australia, can't do this back home.

The other thing is I've been signed up for a small adventure race in August a few weeks after I get back.  I was signed up by a "friend" Jodi (Jody... I'm not entirely sure) who recently did a 24hr Enduro event.

Luckily this one is just a 5km night race with a bunch of obstacles like cargo nets, barb wire, ice baths... that kinda thing.  I'm going to embed the video below so you can get a preview of my future pain.

Alright, well, peace out y'all.


No comments:

Post a Comment